Welcome to Cross Street Parent Teacher Organization
The Cross Street PTO meets every second Tuesday of the month at 7 PM in the school Library. We hope to see you there!
The goals and objectives of the PTO are:
- Support the Vision of the Graduate, Vision, Mission of Naugatuck Public Schools and Cross Street School.
- To provide activities that will enhance the learning atmosphere of Cross Street School.
- To promote and encourage the participation of families, friends, relatives and associates of the student body in PTO sponsored activities/events.
- Foster a closer relationship between the home and school in order to provide a well-rounded education.
- To dispense information regarding these activities to the families of Cross Street School students.Any activities or communications must be approved by the principal prior to publication and/or event.
- The PTO shall remain non-commercial, non-sectarian, and non-partisan.
- To act as liaison between the community and the principal in collaborative leadership/decision making.As well as being a positive ambassador for the school to the community.
Research shows that when parents are involved in their children's education, the children are more likely to:
- Earn better grades.
- Score higher on tests.
- Pass their classes.
- Attend school regularly.
- Have better social skills.
- Show improved behavior.
- Be more positive in their attitude toward school.
- Complete homework assignments.
- Graduate and continue their education.
Schools with involved parents enjoy:
- Better morale among teachers.
- Higher ratings of teachers by parents.
- More support from families.
- A better reputation in the community.
When parents become involved in their children's education, the parents are more likely to:
- Be more confident at school.
- Be more confident in themselves as parents and their ability to help their children learn.
- Be held in higher esteem by teachers and have teachers expect more from their children.
- Enroll in continuing education to advance their own schooling.
There are many opportunities to be involved. Here are a few:
- Volunteer in your child's class - work with students in small groups
- Be involved in planning cultural events- we are always looking for new ideas
Come to PTO meetings each month - there are many ways to help out and we are looking for creative projects!