Core Academic Teams
The intermediate program utilizes a team-teaching approach to ensure that teachers know each of their students, and that students build a strong, trusting relationship with each of their teachers. Team teachers meet regularly to discuss the academic and social progress of each student and work to keep parents informed through Remind, notes, telephone calls, e-mails or meetings.
The school day is divided into 5 periods of varying length:
- Two periods of Humanities (language arts and social studies) (approximately 108 minutes)
- Two period of integrated math and science (approximately 108 minutes)
- One period of “specials” (approximately 54 minutes)
- One flex period (approximately 30 minutes)
- One home-base period (approximately 25 minutes)
Students also receive a 27 minute lunch break every day and 24 minutes of physical activity each day.