Who we are
For decades Cross Street School was an elementary school serving children in grades k-5 . In the year 2002 the district reconfigured and Cross Street was transformed into an intermediate school serving students in grades 5 and 6 . Students at Cross Street are assigned to teams of teachers and will switch classes for mathematics, language arts, content area studies, and a wide array of specials. Specials at Cross Street include library media studies, art education, music education, and physical education.
In addition, to academics and unified arts classes students are exposed to enrichment activities such as chorus and band.
Naugatuck Public School Policies
A full listing of the Naugatuck Public School Policies can be found on the Naugatuck Public School website at, NPS Board Docs.
Cross Street at a Glance
- 330 Students enrolled
- 1:1 Chromebook technology
- 30 Faculty with advanced degrees
- 23 Average class size
- School Motto - We ask questions, we take chances, we think!
Tiger - school mascot
Vision of Naugatuck Public Schools
Educating All Students Today For Tomorrow’s Future
Mission of Naugatuck Public Schools
Our mission is to create a community of learners who:
- Are responsible and engaged community members
- Are curious and value risk taking as part of the learning process
- Access and analyze information and formulate an opinion
- Work individually and on teams to ask questions and solve problems without obvious solutions
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate initiative, persistence and adaptability as they work to accomplish individual and collective goals